Counselling Service in Bristol
Safe, confidential therapy and support with Michelle Rockey
At times life can feel overwhelming, personal struggles and difficulties can take a hold of us that impact on our well-being, our self-esteem, and our confidence. Stress, fears and concerns can easily develop and if your personal problems are left untended they can easily manifest and affect your quality of life.
No matter how big or small you feel a problem is, there is no need to struggle alone. We all need a listening ear and emotional support during trying times; a space that is confidential, respectful and non-judgemental.
I offer a free phone consultation where you have the chance to talk openly and confidentially. After this, we can arrange a face to face session at my practice in Totterdown, if you feel comfortable enough to move forward.
I specialise in working with trauma and addiction-related issues, however, during my years of practice I have had experience of working with the following:
- Addiction: alcohol, drugs, prescribed drugs, gambling, sex, gaming
- Trauma: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Complicated Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD)
- Mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, body dysmorphia
- Bereavement: loss of a loved one, relationship breakdown, work-related issues and loss of employment and unemployment
- Emotional difficulties: anger-related issues, low self-esteem
- Debt related issues: financial difficulties and homelessness
“My approach aims at nurturing towards reaching a new perspective on life, by exploring, thoughts and emotions in a safe environment”.
Qualified, experienced private counselling
I am a fully qualified counsellor, a traumatologist in training and member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). But, more than any qualifications or skills I trust my ability to reach out and begin a therapeutic relationship with you during our initial consultation and thereafter. My decision to become a counsellor was born from a desire to help people. The clients I support are central to my practice and I strive towards making life more comfortable, enabling progress, a feeling of fulfilment, empowerment and sense of happiness.
Learn more information about me and my counselling service in Bristol